Thursday, September 27, 2012

Easeamine Eye Crème

I love eye creams, so when I was given the opportunity to try Easeamine Eye Crème ($98), I jumped at the chance. I've used it on and off for months, and I like it a lot, which is why I am featuring it today.

Easeamine starts the pitch this way. "Look in the mirror. Do you see it? That fragile and delicate skin around your eyes? Its needs are special and very different from those of the rest of your skin. Easeamine Eye Crème meets these needs perfectly. Formulated with Adenosine, it penetrates deep into skin [not sure how deep in light of the FDA's recent "sensitivity"] to help repair it and restore its natural collagen. Enriched with antioxidant ascorbic acid [vitamin C] and natural marine and plant extracts, the lightweight Easeamine helps prevent environmental damage while lifting and tightening."

Easeamine helps reduce puffiness and minimize the appearance of dark circles and crow’s feet that can add years to your age. Instead, your eyes will shine with radiance and a youthful look.

The ingredient Adenosine plays an important role in biochemical processes, such as energy transfer. It's actually an FDA-approved drug, but not for skin care. I have no scientific basis for evaluating it. I want you to understand that I like it because of the way it feels, absorbs, and makes the skin around my eyes look. That's plenty for me.

The Easeamine anti-aging skin care collection combines science with a mission to make us more beautiful. Here is more of the marketing information from Easeamine.

The Easeamine line of cosmeceuticals contains ingredients that influence the biological function of the skin, delivering nutrients that are essential to achieve a younger appearance. Our patented Adenosine Skin Technology increases production of collagen and elastin, two important proteins that are vital in reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines and eliminating dryness that occurs with aging. Totally non-invasive, Adenosine works from within to help repair damaged skin and encourage healthy, younger-looking and more beautiful skin.

Most interestingly, the line was founded in 2012 by Carmel Laboratories' Brother Dennis Wyrzykowski, a Carmelite monk. The products in the line feature an exclusive Hydroxyzometransdermal delivery system of patented Adenosine Skin Technology. Now, based on the FDA's recent actions, I don't know what to think of all these newfangled delivery systems. I want to believe they work, based on my experience with La Mer and Le Métier de Beauté.

Developed and patented by renowned scientist Dr. James G. Dobson Jr. while conducting cardiovascular research at University of Massachusetts Medical School, Adenosine Skin Technology has been clinically proven to have a marked effect on skin repair. The technology is said to deliver Adenosine, a naturally occurring, anti-inflammatory biochemical compound to the dermis, where it increases the production of the dermal fibroblast proteins collagen and elastin; increases blood flow to the outer layers of the skin; and increases cell size, giving the skin a fuller, smoother appearance.

In real clinical trials, not perception tests, test subjects showed improvements of as much as 48% in skin firmness, softness, and elasticity, as well as improvement of fine lines and wrinkles. The University of Massachusetts Medical School licenses Adenosine Skin Technology exclusively to Carmel Labs, providing for its charitable work benefiting the underprivileged through educational and outreach programs.

“This next generation of products has unique formulations, is easy to use, and is extremely effective. We at the monastery call it divine intervention for your skin,” related Wyrzykowski. “And while radically transforming your skin, you are also providing opportunities to transform the lives of the less fortunate in a positive way.”

The products have been completely reformulated from early versions by chemist Renato “Rene” Jose, who has developed products for Helena Rubenstein, Parlux, Calvin Klein, Elizabeth Arden, and Liz Claiborne - with the exclusive Hydroxyzome transdermal delivery system and additional beneficial ingredients. The five-SKU line features luxurious ruby-red packaging emblazoned with the shield of the Teresian Carmelites. I'm also testing a second SKU, the night cream. Easeamine products are free of parabens, preservatives, mineral oils, artificial fragrances, artificial colors, and artificial dyes, which makes them particularly attractive for my sensitive skin.

Here's what I've observed. This eye cream feels great on application. It's cooling, and the cooling effect lasts for about five minutes. I like that. I feel like it's a mini-ice pack, and I think it reduces puffiness (the kind caused by sleeping on your face). It absorbs rapidly, so putting on concealer just a few minutes after application is a breeze. It works. When I use it, my eye area feels and looks hydrated. The effects last all day.

I can't tell you that it has shaved years off my appearance, but it's an extremely nice eye cream that costs a fraction of some of the others I use. That makes it a keeper.

You can find Easeamine Eye Crème only at the Easeamine Web site. There is a somewhat dorky, short video that explains its use at the Web site. What beauty addict doesn't know the information in the video? Don't let that discourage you. This is a nice eye cream.

Photo courtesy of Easeamine

8 comments:

Xnyorkr said...

It costs $98! *choke* That's a fraction of the cost of the eye creams you use??? Cosmetic surgery probably costs what a couple of jars of your eye cream cost and you could just get by with the Costco eye serum ($16.98 for 2-0.5 oz bottles and it's pretty good). What do you usually use, and are they that good?

Isla said...

Do you feel you NEED a separate eye cream?

Charlestongirl said...

Xnyorkr, one of the regular ones I use is $175. I do not like cheap eye creams. I read ingredients and am always looking for state-of-the art ingredients and the lack of certain petrochemicals.

Charlestongirl said...

Isla, I need a separate cream. The area around my eyes will take regular creams and allow them to travel right into my eyes (and contacts). It is a blurry mess.

The eye creams I use are generally lighter than my face creams too.

Anonymous said...

I know that light eye creams are supposed to be the best, but if I don't use something with the consistency of Vaseline, I have to reapply during the day and get up during the night to put on the eye cream over and over. I wake up with the skin under my eyes hurting. Kiehl's discontinued my favorite, and the new Rosa Arctica eye is nowhere near enough, although it works all right during the day. I'm going to take a look at the Easeamine eye creme. I would like to use a lighter eye creme. Sigh.

Charlestongirl said...

Oh no, Anonymous!

You need an eye cream packed with great ingredients, but light in texture on the skin. Have you tried the lovely Natura Bissé Eye Recovery Balm? It's a little heavier than this one.

Tatiana said...

I like a nice, lightweight, cooling eye cream. I don't really believe in skin cream miracles. All I ask for is hydration around the eyes. This one seems reasonably priced too. Thanks for the tip.
One more question, does it have a heavy fragrance or smell to it?

JustRedd said...

Could you please tell me what eye creams you have seen results with?